THE JACK FM TOONS CAPTION CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
Void Where Prohibited By Law
1. The 2023 JACK FM Toons Caption Contest starts on Friday, January 6, 2023, and runs weekly and is closing Friday, February 24, 2023. This contest may return again at a later date.
New Contests will begin around 1p Eastern on a Friday and submissions are accepted until 11:59pm Eastern the following Thursday. Around Holidays contests may be extended for two weeks. For the exact date of entry for the current Contest, please refer to the entry-form page.
2. The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. Please go to jack.fm and follow the online entry instructions. To enter successfully, you must be a U.S citizen and fill in the required information on the online entry form. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrants will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Please fill in all the requested information completely. The sponsor is the official time-keeper for the Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
Come up with a clever caption that makes you chuckle in 20 words or less. The caption must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous or otherwise inappropriate, offensive or objectionable, as determined by the judges and/or Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion. Any such entries will be disqualified. Entrants represent and warrant that the entry is the original work of entrant and not previously published, and the entry does not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. One entry per person or e-mail address. Anyone age thirteen or over can participate (enter or vote), except employees, agents, or representatives of Sponsor or any other party associated with the development or administration of the Contest, or any member of their immediate family. If the participant is not of legal age, then the sponsor will require that a parent/guardian sign for any winnings.
3. Entries or votes that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Web site or elsewhere, are not the responsibility of the Sponsor, and will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries/votes will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at time of entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Web site, or otherwise in violation of the rules. Use of bots or other automated processes to vote or enter is not allowed and may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify any Contest not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, voter fraud, or technical failures of any sort. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors, and may modify this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability and where circumstances make this unavoidable.
4. All entry materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but, in exchange for the possibility of publication of the Submission, entry in this Contest constitutes entrant’s irrevocable, perpetual permission and consent to Sponsor and others authorized by Sponsor, without compensation or attribution, (i) to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, communicate to the public, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display the Submission and the entrant’s name and city and state for advertising, commercial, and publicity purposes, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world; (ii) to do (or omit to do) any acts in respect of the Submission which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights; and (iii) to edit, adapt, and modify the entry. Except to the extent prohibited by law, Sponsor excludes from these official rules all conditions, warranties, and terms implied by statute, general law, or custom. Each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, the judges, any party associated with the development or administration of the Contest, their employees, agents, or representatives, or any of their parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, losses or damages, demand, or actions of any kind.
5. Finalists will be selected from each Contest by a member or members of the staff of the Sponsor (the Jack Content Committee “JCC”). All finalists’ captions will be published on the Cartoon Caption Contest page, along with each finalist’s first name, last initial. In the event two or more valid entries contain the identical caption (including punctuation) and are selected as a finalist, the entry that was first received by the Sponsor will be deemed as the finalist, and the other entries will not be included as a finalist. All decisions of the JCC in all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding.
6. Each week a finalist’s caption will be selected by popular vote. The popular vote will be the person whose caption received the greatest number of valid votes. Anyone eligible participant thirteen or over can vote, except employees, agents, or representatives of Sponsor or any member of their immediate family. One vote per person, per hour, and one vote per e-mail address. Please click on “Vote for Your Favorite” for details on how to vote for a finalist and on the deadlines for voting.
7. The winner will be selected by the majority of the popular vote of eligible voters. In the event of a tie, then a vote by the JCC will break the tie. The JCC will announce the winner on the Cartoon Caption Contest page on Fridays.
8. The qualified winner of each Cartoon Caption Contest will have his or her caption and name printed as the winning caption. A cash prize of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) will be awarded in connection with the winner of each Cartoon Caption Contest. If the qualified winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) days, an alternate winner may be selected. Entrants may only win one time per calendar month. (Example: you may win once in January and once in February. You may not win twice in January.)
9. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All disputes arising or connected with the Contest shall be governed by Tennessee law and will be resolved individually, without resort to class action exclusively in a state or federal court located in Nashville, TN. As permitted by law, any judgments or awards shall be limited to out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees), and shall not include any indirect, punitive, or consequential damages.
10. Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of publication constitutes consent to use winner’s name, likeness, and winning entry for advertising, and publicity purposes, without compensation; (ii) winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and copyright transfer/liability/publicity/permission release. If the winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the parent or legal guardian may be required to execute the necessary affidavit and release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days of attempted notification, or an alternate winner may be chosen. The Sponsor collects personal information in order to conduct the Contest and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Sponsor may also use the information for promotional, marketing, and publicity purposes. Entrants should direct any request to access, update, or correct information to the Sponsor.
11. This Contest is sponsored by Sparknet Communications LLC, 4117 Hillsboro Pike, Ste 103-355, Nashville, TN 37215, (“Sponsor”).